logo

Contact Us

 

Clay County

Clay County was created from parts of Early and Randolph counties in 1854.  It was named for Senator Henry Clay of Kentucky.  There are two incorporated municipalities within the county:  Fort Gaines, the county seat, and Bluffton.

 

Fort Gaines grew up around a fort on the Chattahoochee River established to protect settlers during the Creek Indian Wars.  The town, named for the fort's builder, General Edmund Pendleton Gaines, became a shipping point for cotton planters for many miles on both sides of the Chattahoochee River.  It remained a key market until about 1858, when railroads replaced river freight.

Clay County, Georgia

 Clay County Courthouse

Clay County Official Website

Clay County Demographic Profile

   

 


Clay County Comprehensive Plan
Clay County(2019 Update)
Clay County (2014 Update)
Bluffton
Fort Gaines
   
Clay County Pre-Disaster Mitigation Plan
2019 Clay County Pre-Diaster Mitigation Plan (p.1-91)
2019 Clay County Pre-Diaster Mitigation Plan (p.92-189)
2019 Clay County Pre-Diaster Appendices (p.1-233)
2019 Clay County Pre-Diaster Appendices (p.234-466)

 2019 Clay County Pre-Diaster Appendices (p.466-699)

 

Clay County Solid Waste Management Plan
Solid Waste Management Plan 2007
 
Clay County Cemeteries Map

 View Map

 

Developments of Regional Impact

MSW Facilities Bio Conversion DRI #1253

Pud DRI # 1251

 


Deprecated: Non-static method modGTranslateHelper::getParams() should not be called statically in /home/riverva9/public_html/modules/mod_gtranslate/mod_gtranslate.php on line 13
English Spanish

Active Valley

Workforce Innovation


Website by Majestic Pages
© 2014 River Valley Regional Commission