Unified Government of

Cussetta-Chattahoochee County

 

Chattahoochee County, named for the Chattahoochee River that forms the county's western border, was created February 14, 1854, from parts of Marion and Muscogee counties. Cusseta, the county seat, was incorporated on December 22, 1855. The county courthouse, in Cusseta, was constructed in 1854, and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.

Chattahoochee County is home to the Fort Benning Military Reservation. It was founded at the beginning of the first World War and was named for General Henry Lewis Benning, a Confederate general.

Chattahoochee County Courthouse

Click on picture for
Georgia Snapshot

_________________________________________________________________________________


View
Cusseta-Chattahoochee Solid Waste Management Plan

View Chattahoochee County Subdivision Regulations DRAFT- 2011

Chattahoochee County Comprehensive Plan:

Community Agenda

Vision Statement

Future Land Use Map

 

_________________________________________________________________________________
ChattahoocheeCrispClayDoolyHarrisMuscogeeMacon Marion
QuitmanRandolphSchley StewartSumterTalbotTaylorWebster

Send email with questions or comments about this web site. 
Copyright © 2009 River Valley Regional Commission. Last modified: 08/07/13.